Someone forwarded me this test to see where you land on the international political compass. I don't usually do these internet tests to see what my favor color is or which TV sitcom star I am most like, but this one was thought provoking and I even learned a bunch. See where you land, and if you want to share, add it to my comments. Don't worry, it's not about whether you are Republican or Democrat and more about where you stand on a much grander scale. We won't judge :)
http://www.politicalcompass.org/
There has been much political discussion lately in our household. Well, not lately as we really haven't turned our brains on for the last week. But recently, I should say. We have decided to sever our political ties and become non-partisan. We always voted with our hearts and brains anyway, and not down a party line. But it has become even more clear to us that being independent doesn't mean you just don't care or have an opinion, but you have to work harder to make the right choice. It's important to us to raise our children with strong morals and ethical values and not with a political affiliation tied to it.
For me personally, I don't dislike politics, I just dislike political parties.
Keith is going to do a separate entry on our decision for those of you who think we've lost it.
I, in fact, think we're finally finding it.

5 comments:
Ha Ha - I'll be honest and admit that I'm not the most knowledgable person on all of these political issues, but I did take you test. I fell on the left/middle just above the line..... Thanks for passing on. Looking forward to Keith's future article....
We were about the same! I was just glad not to be near Hitler :) That might make me worry...
(he was listed near Hussein on another chart next to Stalin)
I scored left/middle close to both lines in the top left box. I, too, feel very "middle of the road". I would like to be more like The Dalai Lama!
Oh sure, hype up the entry.
For the record, today I am a neo-liberal-anarchist (gently down and to the right.) That sounds like me, right? "You know Keith? Likes music, sells buckets, has a great family and sure is one heck of a neo-liberal-anarchist."
It's lonely down there in the SE Quad, nobody exciting with me but ol' Milt, but again, at least no Hitler.
Keith
Post a Comment