

Thank You Little Einsteins!
And they say that television isn't good for kids.
J's new favorite movie is Fantasia 2000. Thanks to his favorite TV Show, Little Einsteins, J watches with anticipation as the music in the above scenes in the movie, Rhapsody in Blue and Pines of Rome, peaks and shouts, "Crescendo!"
Now, as his Aunt Becca would explain, a crescendo is when the music increases in volume or intensity. Not only does he remember it, but he applied it to other music.
See? We don't even need to send him to preschool - I could just sit in front of the TV all day, right? (NOTE: I'm just kidding to those who are academically offended, and we don't allow a lot of TV time to those who are anti-TV)
2 comments:
So odd that you should post that...this week, while I was out sick, what did my K-2 kids watch? Fantasia 2000, of course! It's a great film which just captivates these kids! My favorite was the last one, Stravinsky's Firebird Suite. When the fairy or whatever creeps up to the center of the volcano and it comes to life, my kids jumped a mile! You could hear a pin drop, and when the music jumped to life, those kids jumped so far, I thought I'd wet my pants! Priceless!
Yeah, that is one of Jackson's favorites too but it scares him at the same time. He doesn't know whether to cry or continue to watch.
Post a Comment