
In my adult years (most likely married adult years) I have come to know Valentine's Day as the much obligatory Hallmark holiday in which you recognize your spouse whether you feel like it that day or not. It has way too much expectation and stress surrounding it - I'd much rather he surprise me with romance or candy just because he wants to -- not because he has to.
But now with kids, the holiday has taken on a much sweeter sentimentality. A reminder of Vdays growing up complete with doilies, homemade heart cards, sweet notes and special meals from mom. In my opinion, it's definitely more of a grade school kid holiday than anything else.
But today I've also been thinking about what it means to love and how much abundant love I have in my life.
God. I feel so grateful to have a new adult relationship with Him. I'm overwhelmed with the Grace and Growth I've had in my life over the past five years or so.
My Husband. He really is a wonderful husband and I know how lucky I am to have someone so supportive of my new role at home with the kids and who understands the challenges. Plus he's my best friend which is so cool.
My Kids. They are amazing, sweet, funny, and challenging. I add the challenging part because I've come to realize that it makes me grow and become a better mom whether I feel like it or not. If it was easy, I would not have learned so much in the last few years.
My Families. Keith and I are lucky on both sides. We have such great support and love from them. And not only in our immediate families - but also in the extended ones as well.
My Friends. Both old and new. My new friends here are such beautiful people, and I also really appreciate my lifelong friends that I stay in touch with.
Happy Valentine's Day to all!

2 comments:
This was the sweetest entry ever! You're so good at expressing yourself in words!!! Thanks for sharing...
I loved this post too, Karri.
Post a Comment