Friday, February 10, 2006

(click on image to enlarge for reading purposes)

Oh My.

I would have never survived the 50's...

Of course I can agree with some of it.

I don't vacuum as he is arriving home, in fact I usually save some vacuuming for him to do.

I don't put a ribbon in my hair or touch up makeup but I try to remember to brush my teeth at least once that day.

I AM happy to see him - I'm so happy that I like to hand over a kid or two to him to share in my happiness.

I would absolutely let him lie in bed...if he were sick or bleeding heavily.

And I surely wouldn't mind if he went out to have fun without me. He just better know that the kids still wake up at 6:30 AM even if He has been out late.

If he wants the kids to be quiet, he knows where to find the TV and how to operate TIVO. Otherwise he should suck it up and put on headphones.

And I definitely know my "place" around here. It's at the table eating his yummy meals that he likes to prepare.

Yes, my man sews better than me, cooks better than me, can dress me better than I dress myself and knows how to braid hair.

Welcome to 2006....Ah, yeah.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I love it. Don't tell mom I said that.

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Yes, and if you had it your way she would have long straight hair and there might even be a clause stating "must get ready for the day in fifteen minutes tops"

Anonymous said...

We had a neighbor, when we lived on Bloomingdale in Cincinnati, that would actually get dressed up and made sure the children were clean and dressed properly before her husband came home every night. Wonder if he wrote the “The Good Wife’s Guide”? Wonder if they are still married? Wonder if he is still alive?

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

WOW. Is this the next door neighbor that was constantly medicated?...that would explain a lot! :)

Anonymous said...

HA-HA! I can totally agree with that. Except I'm the cook around here, even when I don't want to be. Anything that takes more than 30 minutes to prepare doesn't deserve to be eaten though!