Tuesday, May 08, 2007

What Our Baby X Might Look Like This Week

Just Doing Our Part For Procreation

Well, we didn't have this planned on the books for this year, but God thought otherwise. And I feel even silly saying it was a "surprise" because frankly we have two of them and we know how it works.

But we're very excited to be welcoming the newest addition in early November. I've just started the second trimester and still waking up feeling like I've downed an entire bottle of vodka. This one seems to be a bit better - I'm actually keeping 80% of my food down - so maybe it won't be the five month battle like the other two pregnancies were.

So if you are wondering why my posting has been spotty - there you go. Just trying to keep it alive over here at Jackonthelake. Poor Keith has been on his own every morning feeding all of us, getting children dressed and making lunches for school if needed.

Yep, this little one will (as far as we know) be the last. So we're enjoying every "beginning of the end" if that makes sense.

Must go find some mashed potatoes...

12 comments:

Julie said...

Oh YAY!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! You guys are very brave, but I envy you that you know it's your last time and will enjoy it no matter what! Can't wait for more updates! Are you gonna find out?

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

We decided to keep it a surprise again this time (also did with J) - but my money is on "boy" due to the reduced vomiting.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Oh, shocked, thrilled, estatic and all that!! Way to go, Karri. I know you still had some baby bug in you, and you're family is going to blessed by this new little life. Hang in there - hope you feel better and better as things progress.

WAC-Mom said...

Yeah! We're excited here. The third one is SOOO EASY ; )

Jenn said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you and Keith, J and L. What wonderful news. Enjoy the first of the lasts and good luck getting enough food and rest. Many blessings and prayers are coming your way!

just4ofus said...

I see that the word is out! You brave souls you!
We are very excited for you and hope the illness passes soon.

Trina said...

OH wow...Congratulations!!! That is so awesome!! What a blessing!! I have morning sickness sooo sooo bad for the first 4-5 months too. I actually dread the morning sickness more than the labor..yuck! However it is soooo worth it! Yay!!

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Thanks all! And Trina - we'll just have to keep this between us. If my husband finds out that you have had five boys and homeschooled them all while dealing with severe morning sickness - well, he just might stop bringing me breakfast every morning! :)

I am sincerely in awe of you - I don't know how you did it.

info@racetoremember.org said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys. I hope you get to feeling better real soon.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!! Congrats!!

Well, (yeah, you're going to hate me) but I didn't really get sick with either kid. I wasn't HUNGRY for anything but not overly grossly sick. I got more hot sweats and such with Natalie but I didn't have the aversion to chicken, like I did with Dylan. If anyone even said the word, "chicken" when I was pregnant with Dylan, my stomach would turn. Never threw up but.. yeah, not pleasant either.

YAY! I think we're done with kids though. Who knows.. maybe in a few years after the kids are older and we're more patient (and sane)...

LOL. I do kind want one more...

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Yeah, see it was best it happened while we are still INSANE because if we surfaced to sane it might never have happened :)

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey, the LAST one as always, but congrats! It will go MUCH faster this time around!