

We don't always buy organic produce - even up here in farm country it is hard to find good stuff that isn't already decomposing. But we always buy organic dairy.
I'm sure you've heard about the hormones in milk and early puberty in girls among other reasons to invest in it - but did you know that not all organic is truly organic? With all of the big corporations buying up the small organic farms, the industry is becoming a bit ethically challenged and the FDA isn't cracking down. I think they focus more on the DRUG than the FOOD portion of their agency.
So how do you know if your $4 half gallon of milk is really worth it? Check out this great guide that will help you. I have bought a bunch of Horizon milk in the past - and will definitely change brands now.
Good stuff.

3 comments:
GREAT! ALL and I mean ALL of the brands I have bought..
Costco, Trader Joes, Kroger Naturally Preffered and Wild Oats are in the 1 cow, ethically challenged area.
So, I have WASTED my money and could have bought 10 for 10 at Kroger.
: )
Thanks! We DO buy organic. Not EVERTHING but we do try. Milk, though, is something we always buy organic because it's Dylan's favorite food/drink (he drinks milk more than he eats, I think).
I'm going to have to take this guide to the store with me. Sucks about Kroger organic and Wild Oats not getting such a high score. You would think they're all about the same...
Well, it DID say even one cow ratings were better than conventional - but I know that is still not what you want to hear when you are paying triple the price!
Post a Comment