
Conquering My Neti Fears
I have heard about the wonders of the Neti Pot. I wanted one and finally found this one at Wild Oats. It's supposed to naturally clear your sinuses without drugs. Something I desperately need with these sinus migraines and no ability to take Tylenol Sinus while pregnant. But the idea of tipping your head over and pouring salt water into your nose while it drains out the other side is daunting and it took today's whopper of a migraine to convince me to give it a whirl.
We're all a mess today. L fell out of a Tahoe truck face first today causing multiple wounds and a busted lip, J was attacked by the short bully from A Christmas Story (otherwise known as Elliot from his class, and totally not his fault according to the teacher who witnessed it...poor kid) on the playground and has scratch marks on his arm and face and I have been throwing up and dealing with sinus pain that won't go away.
Keith is out of town...we're not sure how he is holding up but it can't be as bad as being here.
When I'm sick I tend to just throw a blanket over my head and wave the white flag while waiting for it to go away. Keith is much more the self-healer who takes care of himself and does all the right things. So I'm proud of myself for crushing my kosher salt, mixing it with the 8 ounces of water, and resisting the sense of slightly drowning while pouring water up my nose. But it worked - it did release a lot of the pressure. I don't feel good - but I feel better.
I highly recommend it.
4 comments:
I can not even imagine using that remedy for sinus relief. You're a brave girl - like I didn't already realize that! Feel better soon! :-)
Ah Karri - hang in there...hope you guys all feel a bit better today.... and I like the whole nasal pot thing...interesting!!
Jason has to rinse his sinus's everyday because of his sinus surgery. (you don't need that pot :)... a much easier method is sold at your local corner walgreens... no drugs. It is a kit. $12...
I have used it, it works..
so hopefully you will get relief...
The pot is about the same price and Walgreen's sells one actually. I almost bought it there. Keith's cousin does a variety involving pickling salt, vinegar and a bulby syringe thing - sounds like there a lots of variations out there!
Post a Comment