Thursday, May 24, 2007


Attack of the Shark Party

J's fifth birthday party is just a little over one week away and for the past six months or more he has insisted it be a "Shark Party". So we reserved space at our gym's pool and I've been trying to aquire the much needed plates, cups and such to support the theme.

Finding generic, non-character themed accessories is not so easy. But finally online I scored these shark plates and they even came with a pleasant surprise of having a metallic shimmer.

I bought the basic set and was on my way to the party store to buy the cheaper solid color plates, napkins and tablecloth to coordinate with it, when I decided to show J the cool plates, cups and tablecloth I had already bought and he hadn't seen.

He's going to LOVE them!

J: Those are scary sharks. I wanted nice sharks. Maybe even smiling.

Me: He is smiling. Look, he's showing all of his teeth!

J: No, he is scary. His eyes are slanted. I think he might be mean.

Me: Sigh.

(and before you ask, yes they had Shark Tale stuff, yes they were smiling and no I didn't buy them because I figure that a movie three years old isn't going to generate any recognition or excitement for most of the kids there.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy - cracking up here. I think the sharks look dreadfully friendly.... Hope they stay on the plate during the party. =)

Happy Birthday to J - Wow I can't believe he's so old already!!!

WAC-Mom said...

So I read your conversation to Will. He thought it was pretty funny. He thinks the sharks look "real" and "VERY cool!"

When Abby saw them, she ran from the room screaming. I'm hoping in a good way...

We can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this made me laugh - I can totally imagine how J reacted. FYI - Your blogs are a GREAT distraction from work! I stalk your blogs at least every hour on the hour.
Can't wait until we celebrate J's birthday (and your b'day, K's b'day, Mother's Day, Dad's b'day, etc etc etc) in Kiawah!

Anonymous said...

Quick question - why were you blogging at 5:45 am? Maybe when I'm a mother I'll understand...

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Oh I wasn't! Not sure why it says that! Funny ;) I was sleeping...I hope....

Anonymous said...

Tooooo funny! Classic J :) See you tomorrow!