I leave at 5:30 am this morning to catch a flight out of MKE only to discover that the pilots needed their full 8 hours of sleep so we're the ONLY flight delayed. Okay, I want them rested too, but still...
Two hours late, I make it to St. Louis where my rental car reservation for a midsize SUV apparently meant minivan and upon making it through the 15 car-long line to the checkout gate, the clerk asks me to backup and drive back to the office to pick up my GPS that I had reserved because they forgot to put them in the booth. All this costs me another half hour and now the guy I was scheduled to meet is unavailable so I get his backup. I know, I should just count myself fortunate that I get to see where cat litter comes from, but it's not as glamorous as it sounds.
The meeting today was at the primary Tidy Cat plant, a three hour drive each way from St. Louis. In the middle of NOWHERE. No cell phone service and even the GPS got confused. But when you're digging dirt for cats to poop in, I guess you go where the dirt is.
So here I am, back in St. Louis, getting stiffed by the packing engineers that I was supposed to hook up with. And my family is back home in shambles. My neti pot snorting, Tahoe tumbling, toadie-scratched family. Ahh, life on the road. Can't wait to be home.
2 comments:
Yes, you are sorely missed. But that view isn't giving you any more sympathy votes over here :)
See you tomorrow! Love you.
God love you! It's hard when you have to travel to make a living. Look at it this way - at least you were able to see how cat litter was made. Think of all the people who will NEVER have that experience! :-p
Post a Comment