Bor-ing
I just can't come up with anything to write about today. I've been knee deep in Power of Attorney paperwork. If you want a rockin' good time - come see me and I'll sit you down with a list of companies that I am dreading calling. Phone menus are terrible - because of my circumstance, I need to talk to a live person and apparently the days of wildly pressing zero and getting a voice are over.
They are on to us people. Pushing zero just puzzles the animated voice into saying, I'm sorry I didn't understand your command, please listen to the last 15 options again.
If anyone asks you to be their Power of Attorney and you don't love them or paperwork in general - just say NO. It's kind of like agreeing to be guardians of other people's kids...flattering as it is, it may actually happen one day and you better really be willing to step up.
So I asked my muse this morning as she was chomping on her cheerio trail mix - What should I write about?
Cwackers, she replied.
And, taking her seriously, I did ponder what interesting stories I could come up with from "Cwackers". Like maybe my new love of All Bran crackers, despite the 50th ingredient being cinnamon which I can spot in any food from miles away with distaste. But now being pregnant, the cinnamon is about to send me over the edge and the crackers aren't to be anywhere near me.
THAT is interesting, right?
A good writer could take any topic and make it interesting. Unfortunately for you, that is not me today.
And then I thought I could tell you about how I played Bunko last night and I still have no idea how to play, despite the simplicity of the game. But again, I can't think of a single way to make that interesting for you.
So instead I'm sending you to another blog today...someone who is interesting and will distract from this pathetic entry.
5 comments:
How can you not find anything interesting in Bunco?? You must not have played with those folks who are PASSIONATE about the game. Trust me - those women (not to be biased just my experience) make it interesting. Then there are the folks who drink one too many and forget the rules altogether. I played with my dear sis-n-law and her friends in TX and it was definately an interesting experience!
By the way - I was going for sarcasm. Not sure if that came through on the above post! :-)
Oh no, it was FUN but I can't think of anything interesting to say about it. It goes so fast that I couldn't explain the rules if I wanted too!
And yes, I got the sarcasm :)
This group was not quite as wild as some of the "Drunko" groups I have heard about!
I feel your pain. Sometimes it is just painful to come up with something interesting to write about. I think you should just make something up... ummm...ummm...yeah, I wanted to actually give some funny examples of made up stories about J & L, but I am also out of inspiration...Suburban Turmoil it is!
Post a Comment