Thursday, November 09, 2006








Getting Back To Nature

Today didn't end up the way it was planned in pencil in my black leather planner. Keith had to work on some spreadsheets for work and I had a playgroup with my MOPS group planned. But the day turned into a beautiful sunny and sixty degrees and I felt the call of nature.

We decided to pack up the kids, skip playgroups and work, and drive out to the local nature center instead. There we spent a few hours hiking to the river, looking for birds, sitting on every bench possible, making sure J was always in front, and picking up L who seemed to fall over every uneven surface.

Up here in the north midwest you never know how many days like this you will get in November and beyond. I love that we seized the day and yes, Richard Louv would have been proud.

No comments: