Tuesday, July 01, 2008
It has been a long delay in posting. Mostly because the Triathlon is approaching and the workouts are getting longer and harder. So until this whole thing passes, my entries may be a bit spotty. I'm finding my pillow earlier and earlier these days...
But our trip was fantastic. I posted various pictures we took along the way. We ate and ate and ate our way through Chicago, saw two movies, walked along the parks and neighborhoods, toured historic homes and admired the architecture. And then we crashed early, did crossword puzzles and planned our next meal. Bliss.
And then we looked at each other and said, Hey! You're fun - this must be why we got married and then proceeded to have an adult conversation without a little person butting in with a "question".
But the whole darn thing would not have been possible without my wonderful mother-in-law and sister-in-law who truly knew that we needed this little break. Their sacrifice of time to come up here and watch the kiddos was greatly appreciated. I love that we have family who get our kids, who love them despite of themselves, and actually enjoy it! You guys are awesome.
Happy 10th, babe. I love you more and more every day. Trips like this are exactly what the doctor ordered! Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Your pictures are beautiful. You know, I lived in the Chicago area for years, and I never visited the houses of Frank Lloyd Wright...I'll have to rectify that sometime. Anyway, glad you had a good trip, and happy anniversary to you.
Your pictures are awesome, of course.
I am glad you guys had a great time.
It is amazing when you go away together (alone) and you realize, oh yeah, we did have a good time.. BK.. before kids.
Glad you had fun, and I am glad you have people that will do the time with your kids for you!!!
Had a great time with you too. No better way to spend my time than with you.
Have to comment for your readers on a few of the restaurant highlights that were so wonderful:
1. Gaja's--fondue. I love that that's our anniversary thing. That cheese was delicious and the dipping sauces for the vegetables were incredible. Red Wine, of course. Too dark to read the label, but it was tasty.
2. Frontera Grill--best spot at the bar, no wait. A rockin' Chile Releno. Only a half dozen or so per night and not on the menu, so go early and ask for it. SO worth it. Fuega Margarita--in the vein of a Bloody Mary. SOOO good.
3. Wishbone--best breakfast restaurant(although Hot Sauce Williams in Cleveland might have it beat). Crawfish cakes and cheese grits. Coffee.
4. Harvey House B&B--best. breakfast. period. Giant popovers with fresh berries and carmel syrup. Spicy Sausage with Harvey House Egg cups with maple syrup crust. Coffee.
Oh, sweet food....
Love you,
Keith
I'm so glad things worked out for you to take your trip - 10 years is so worth celebrating, and I'm glad you were able to do it up right :) Keith's comments make my mouth water! Love the kids and love you!
Great pix!! I'm thrilled you both had a wonderful time in Chicago. Parent time is always good. Good luck with the training - you're in my thoughts!!
We love you and your kids--glad to be of help--you deserved a break. Keep on lovin each other and your kids! Good luck on the triathelon!!
Post a Comment