I feel like I can't casually blog without mentioning the passing of our friend Cris Birdsall this week.
Cris and Tracy were our first friends here when we moved. They were the first people we talked to when we put an offer on the house, they made us feel at home by immediately inviting us to parties, introducing us to neighbors, taking us to the annual College Avenue Trick or Treat and Easter Egg Hunt, Party on the Pavement downtown and numerous other local things. They were here when family wasn't to celebrate L's first birthday and we in turn celebrated birthdays and births of their children.
They were, in essence, our welcoming committee when we were new and friendless. They are the reason that we met the great friends we have now. I'll always be grateful that they came into our lives when we needed some reassurance that this move was going to work out for our little family. I hope to do the same for the next young family that moves here.
The Birdsalls moved to CA last year to be near her family and we celebrated a new stage in their lives. We now mourn the passing of Cris and ask that you keep his wife and children in your prayers. He was one of those great dads who always put extra time and love into his kids and it showed.
I know his presence will be greatly missed.

5 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear that! We'll pray for his family. :(
I am so sorry for your loss and for his family.That is so, so sad.
OMG. How horrible. What happened?
The family will be in our prayers.
Wow, that's sad. They are in my prayers.
How terrible! My thoughts are with them!
Post a Comment