Here you go Amie, A Thankmas Present For You...and E in his turkey suit courtesy of Aunt Rosie.
Well, I am back among the living. Thankfully, Thanksgiving was the first day I was not convinced that I just might die. Due to a new sympathetic doctor who decided I did not, in fact, just have a viral infection, but rather was not breathing properly anymore and gave me antibiotics, an inhaler and a rather hefty codeine-laden cough syrup.
Sweet modern medicine. I am still recovering but can now have a five minute conversation in which people can understand me AND I can breathe while doing it. Being that sick, probably the sickest I've ever been and trying to recover from labor and nursing a newborn every few hours is a bit like being hit by a semi-truck and then forced to run the New York Marathon. Or rather that is what I imagined it was like for five self-pitying days.
I had to wear surgical masks to feed E but when my nose started closing up that was also a little like trying to perform tasks with a Ziploc bag over my head. Okay enough about this - but before I move on I would like to give a big shout out to my husband who took the brunt of this on. Of course all hell broke loose right in between when my parents left and before his sister and family got here. Thank goodness for Shannon and Kelly's well-timed meals, or he might have just lost it.
A big thanks to my mom who came right after the birth to help me out for a week. She and my dad got to be here which was cool and mom was awesome with helping me keep up on the little stuff. If you hadn't helped me get the tree and presents ready for the Richters visit - they would have been opening pillow cases as gift wrap, I'm pretty sure. Thanks mom! You were great and surely missed.
Right now we are enjoying Keith's sister's family for the long holiday weekend. Rosann made an awesome meal yesterday and her kids are keeping ours busy and out of our hair. A much needed break for Keith. We will resume normal blogging after our family leaves.
Happy Thanksgiving to all! We here at Jack-on-the-lake feel blessed to have such wonderful family and friends during all of this. Thank you ALL for everything. And thank you God for healing - right now I am most thankful for my health and to be able to once again hold my baby and kiss my children.
5 comments:
We too have had that plague here. I had to use an inhaler.. never had to do that before. People at work were convinced I had TB : )
I, however, do not have baby sleep deprivation.. so I know that yours is WAY worse!
Your hair looks great! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so glad you have had helpful family there with you! I am sure that really helps.
Take care..
happy thanksgiving!
That was me under jason's account
Amie
K - great haircut!
Sorry to hear about your illness. Remember, that which does not kill you...
Happy Holidays!
R
Your illness sounds really scary. Glad you are on the mend & had good support. Really like the new hairdo and baby e looks adorable as a turkey - the youngest typically are! hang in there.
C
Sorry you got sick so soon after having the baby! I know your pain! Anyway, glad you are back on your feet...enjoy those early days, they grow was too fast by the third one!
Post a Comment