Wednesday, September 10, 2008






Need A Random Part?



A-1 Appliance Rocks. Our dishwasher died and I thought we were going to have to buy a new one. Not exactly on the list of things we need to be spending money on right now. But good ole Keith and his MacGyver like skills (thank you Gene Hemmig for that) were able to pinpoint a potential problem, order the $12 piece off of this site and save us about $500.

Keep it on favorite links - You too can keep old appliances out of the landfill.



Appliance Parts
or
A-1 Appliance Parts

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A-1 WAS awesome. The feature that was so cool was the "part identifier." Mechanically-inclined, but an appliance-repair novice, all I had was a part that I knew was broken with a part number that Google wasn't helping me with.

A-1's search feature started with the appliance model number and then prompted down several categories to a list of parts with actual photographs of the actual parts. After finding my actual part, at a reasonable price, I did a dance (seriously) and ordered it. Two or three days later the part arrived, I replaced it and the good ol' Maytag was back from the dead. *insert fist pump*

Three cheers for A-1!

Keith

Anonymous said...

very cool! I can forsee a few of our middle-aged appliances needing some restoration before long. Thanks for the info. and for keeping the MacGyver tradition going :)

just4ofus said...

And think. For real you saved money and were green!!
Good to know about A1

Living Stone said...

Have just been here catching up on you guys....
You're amazing by the way!!!

Sounds like some wonderful new ventures. I am always inspired by your family focus. Keep us posted because it really is encouraging to other young families out there.

Kristin said...

We have an A-1 out here as well... what I particularly liked about them was the kid willingly plucked the Beta fish I had dropped down the garbage disposal...

Now, that's some excellent service.

Lindsay said...

please post. Rawr.