Thursday, September 04, 2008

First Grade...Here He Comes

His Elementary School


Papa added graphics to his backpack



J started first grade this week at a brand new school. We were randomly picked at the last minute to attend a great FREE magnet school that is literally three blocks from our house. It was very cool to walk him to school the first day. I'm mixed with sadness that my little boy is growing up, relief that we all get a little break from each other and angst over wondering how well he is doing.

As you may know, he is not the easiest kid in the world.

But he is also very loving, funny and smart. I know he'll do well here and we're praying for some big changes for him this year.

Go J!

L starts at J's old Montessori school in two weeks. One down...one to go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How great you got him in there! Does that mean the other kids will get in there as well?

WAC-Mom said...

He will do great! Everyone tells me that we'll be amazed at how much they change over the course of this year... a little sad, but exciting...

Jenn said...

Congrats!! I can't believe he's in 1st grade already. Seems like only yesterday he left his monkey at the house...

What a great opportunity for him. I'm sure he'll do great and the year will bring lots of surprises for you and Keith.

Enjoy this special time. I always love hearing about the kids' school day. Just beware that unless you prod a bit, the answer to "How was your day at school?" is "Fine." And the answer to "What did you do at school today?" is "Nothing" or "Not much."

:-D

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Yes, all three kids are now Fine Arts students which is great to know.

It is sad and exciting.