Thursday, June 12, 2008


Things I Am Pondering Today:


A. Toilet Paper.

I bought a rather large pack of CVS brand toilet paper one day. I usually buy the Sam's Club brand (yeah, shut up I KNOW it's still Walmart) and we like it just fine. I use that as my price point so when other brands are on sale - they must be the same price or lower for me to buy. Then we can "upgrade" with the fancier stuff at the same price. Anyhoo - I said what the heck and bought it.

It is the WORST toilet paper I've ever used. Remember the quality you had in elementary school? It's that bad.

As someone who hates to waste anything - what do I do with the remaining twelve rolls? You know it is bad when you consider whether or not you can make it through twelve rolls. I can NOT put it out for guests and obviously returning an open package is out of the question.


So....any thoughts?



And B.



Elizabeth Hurley was interviewed by Harper's Bazaar and spoke about her need for normalcy for six year old Damian.


"I take him to school every day, and at least two out of five days, there will be a man on his knees outside our house, trying to get a picture of Damian’s face as he gets in the car. He can’t stand it. I can’t stand it...I mean, I just somehow couldn’t face a really London upbringing for Damian."


Note to Elizabeth Hurley:


Stop dressing your six year old in ridiculous clothing. He is not interviewing for a page boy position nor is he living in the 1700's. The fact that you named him Damian and he actually looks like the boy from The Omen is a poor, poor coincidence...



I hope.



Damien




And Damien...The Omen

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah that's creepy.

Anonymous said...

Funny post! Love it!

Yeah our truck-stop TP is wretched. TMI, but it has all the absorbent qualities of Saran Wrap. What DO we do with it? If J&L were teenagers, they could certainly head to the Gordon's house and decorate Josh's landscaping. :-)

And dude, Damien, c'mon. At six years old you should know better than to wear that. Wow.

Keith

Anonymous said...

Lord, I hope that's a school uniform.

...and then I considered a whole playground full of children dressed like that, gave myself a huge case of the creeping willies, and may never get the image out of my head. O_O

just4ofus said...

OMG resemblance is uncanny! Yes, the "uniform" is awful. And I too, hope it is a uniform, I think.
I too wear a dress and a hat like that when I go to drop my kids off at school.
And the TP, well if it's that bad, just use it upstairs and put good stuff in the powder room.
Or, well, ditch it, cause you are talking about your derriere!

WAC-Mom said...

That poor child... proves that money can't buy everything...

I can't get the picture out on my head... an entire playground full of kids in that outfit!

Lindsay said...

TP- you could make a pinata.

check out this website too!- it's not "projects" persay-- but definite points of interests involving toilet paper
http://www.tagyerit.com/curiosities.htm

Anonymous said...

donate it to the church.

scary child pictures! that poor boy, his mom is horrible for doing that to him!