
ARE YOU KIDDING ME????
I am about to lose my mind and I'm posting this not only so you know why I have suddenly disappeared to "live on a nice farm somewhere" but also to explain why you have not received a thank you note of any kind from me for all of your nice gifts and food.
I no longer have bronchitis. I now have...wait for it...drum roll, please...pneumonia.
I guess now that my body is acting like that of a 95 year old woman, it has also decided to get infections that only 95 year olds get...and die from.
Note to self: stop self-diagnosing on WebMD. I thought I had a collapsed lung according to the "So You Think You Have A Collapsed Lung?" quiz, you know, 'cause I couldn't breathe anymore. Well, don't you think you should go to the ER??, the triage nurse over the phone demanded to know.
Not if you can get me in today for a $15 office visit copay I'm not, I replied. That is when you know that your lack of breathing cannot be THAT serious. Or else you are just really that cheap.
So really, I'm throwing myself a big pity party over here if you want to join. I'm serving hot steaming water with lemon and sugar-free cough drops. Please, don't all rush at once.
6 comments:
I'm so sorry you've been so sick, sweetie! What an awful way to spend E's first few weeks and the holiday season. I hope you're feeling better soon. Sending warm and healing thoughts your way.
I will keep praying for you! Please don't touch those thank you notes - no one is looking for one and you have more than earned a pass on T.N. for a change. I wish there was more I could do to help. Hang in there Hemmigs! We love you and hope you can all be functioning normally (what is that?) soon.
I'm soooo sorry. But if it makes you feel better, you're still funny when you're sick!
I was sick as a dog last winter. I think I got 5-6 different viruses in a row. Each time I got better, I got another virus a few days later and a horrible cough each time. I also had times where I was wondering if I should call an ambulance. My hypochondria had me convinced I had lung cancer and was going to die, LOL.
Of course, it was no such thing, just terrible bad luck and a weak immune system. In fact, I've not gotten anyone's flu or cold yet the last few months so I'm knocking on wood.
Something I take to get rid of colds and boost my immune system: Elderberry Syrup. It seems to work thus far. Kinda like Emergen-C and Airborne but better and more natural. Tasty too. Thought I'd pass the info along.
Feel better, I SINCERELY feel for you and was in your position last year.
-Lisa Neal
Dear Karri -
So sorry to hear you are still not well. PLEASE let me know if there is anything you need or we can do to help you as you mend. Call or email. You'll be looking at this a year from now (at E's first birthday) and laughing at the memories.
Krystyna
Thanks all. I feel like this round of antibiotics is working too so that is good. I think at this point it is more mental than physical.
Oh well! I'm trying to keep a sense of humor about it :)
Can you take Elderberry syrup while breastfeeding?
Yup, you can take elderberry while breastfeeding. I looked it up. It's very mild and you can give it to little children too. I don't think you can even overdose on it or anything like that.
I like it. I'm still not sick and everyone else in the office is right now. Even the kids have sniffles but I don't (I've tried to get them to take the syrup but
they're very picky about flavors even though I think it's yummy).
Best of luck to you and I'm glad you're feeling a bit better!
-Lisa
Post a Comment