Sunday, July 22, 2007

Want to Make People Feel Uncomfortable?

Walk into a liquor store pregnant. I did and wasn't prepared for the looks I was going to get!

A friend threw a surprise birthday get together for her husband last night and he is really into unique beers like Keith so I ventured out to the liquor store in town that supposedly had a good selection to pick out a few varieties.

It's not like I was walking out with a jug of vodka or anything. Good grief!

I should have asked for a carton of cigarettes too. It would have almost been worth the $20.

8 comments:

Julie said...

Too funny!!!!!

just4ofus said...

Like a true trailer mom!
J/K
: )

Anonymous said...

That IS funny! I had the same reaction when I had to pick something up at the Wine & Spirits store dressed as pregnant Britney Spears last Halloween. I guess my costume was believable!

WAC-Mom said...

Hilarious! Hope you enjoyed your purchases ; )

Anonymous said...

You crack me up, Karri.....

Trina said...

That is soooo funny! IM sure you did get the looks. Believe it or not, I got them sometimes when I would go to Starbucks with my last pregnancy. I would get a nonfat decaf mocha once in a while and people would whisper. I mean I had no idea that people could be so judgey over that even.... hahaha

Trina said...

And OHHHHH you look adorable!! Very pretty!!

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Oh Trina, you are VERY sweet :)