Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Oh The Places I've Lived

Pardon the lack of posting lately. We are still in crazy mode around here and life has been challenging as of late and when that happens I just don't feel like posting very much. But I'm trying to pull myself out of it and get moving.

So when we were in Charleston a few weeks ago, we continued to work on a photo project that Keith and I are doing. It is a photographic "family tree" of all the places we've lived in our lives. Here was our chance to add my college houses to the list.


My senior year house with Laura, Win, Sarah and various Clemson architect students. We had the first two floors and my room was the two front windows next to the front door. It was a huge room with sliding doors and a fireplace. The house was so old - probably several hundred years-that you could stand in roller skates at the back of the house and without moving, roll all the way to the front door. No wild stories here - at that point we had all calmed down. Plus we were old enough to hang out at pool table bars.


This house was completely remodeled the year I moved in - in 1993, my junior year. It now looks like a crack house with a bunch of lazy college boys on the front porch. Has gone TOTALLY down hill unfortunately. Fond memories of our elegant holiday party where we worked so hard on the cucumber dill appetizers and ended the night climbing out of our bedroom window with my roommate's younger sister, who was visiting, in order to avoid answering the door to the Charleston Vice Squad who wanted to know if there were any underage drinkers on the premises.


Freshman dorm. Shared a "suite" with 12 girls. About half of them crazy and none that I still keep in touch with. Was a fun, wacky year. Ended year trying someone's Parker Brother's Ouija board trying to contact the "spirit" of a young boy who supposedly haunted the place. Sprinkler alarm system for entire building went off when asked for a sign from the "ghost" and had to evacuate with a few hundred other girls in pajamas. Have not touched a board since nor ever plan to. Could be coincidence...but I'm just saying...

2 comments:

Julie said...

What a great project!! That will be nice to look at in years to come.

Anonymous said...

I love this post! Places bring out the deep rooted nostalgia. I still want to venture to Santa Fe and see the red house we lived in before we couldn't afford the rent anymore.
ha. sorta.
Linds- again... my sign in name isn't working so hot.