
(Ted, Shemane, sulky teenage son)
Yep, the Nugents. (Jen, he's the guy who recorded Cat Scratch Fever. You know that one, right?) Yesterday while racing around downtown Chicago on a team-building scavenger hunt with my group from work we happened upon the great and powerful Motor City Madman Ted Nugent. The guitar legend and NRA poster-boy was taking a break from shooting things and terrorizing reality-show wanna-be's on his Michigan game ranch and out for a stroll in the city with his wife and son. He was kind enough to take a group shot with us which I will post once our guide emails it to us. In that shot I am the dork with my arm around him and acting like we go way back. (FYI, I was 3 when Cat Scratch Fever was recorded.) This one I took as a back up to prove my story--it's a little less posed and probably a little more creepy.
Brings me to another celebrity run-in recently. A week or so ago, Jen was able to get us all tickets to the
Los Lonely Boys and
James Hunter concert at
Ravinia Park. After James and band finished an incredible set of rockabilly rhythm and blues we all went backstage to meet him. While waiting, we chated with his bass player, and then Los Lonely Boys walked past to go on-stage. James let us stop in his dressing room and he and I were able to have a quick discussion about Dream Boogie, Sam Cooke's biography that we are both currently reading. A gracious host who kindly shared an apple juice and granola bar with a hungry but happy Jackson before hopping his bus to head back east.
Oh, and one more. The day before we went with the Moores to the same venue to see
Justin Roberts, a kids-oriented artist not like the Wiggles but more They Might Be Giants-meets-James Taylor. Great fun, kids danced and we were able to get him to sign our copy of his CD which he personlized with "Jackson and Lina, you RULE!"
I love Chicago.
No comments:
Post a Comment