The Doctor's Office
Today was L's 18 month appointment and she was due for two shots.
Just to show how different my kids are - here is an example of the thought process of J in the exam room at her age: "Hey everybody! Look a party! I don't know you but I'm glad you're here - are we going to have fun or what??!! (insert needle here) Hey! Why did you go and do that? Are you TRYIN' to ruin a good time? What's WRONG with you??!! Man, that was so uncool. So anyway, back to the party..."
And then there is L. The moment the nurse enters the room: "Who are you? What are you doing here?? What am I doing here??!! Mommy! Mommy! I want out - get me out of here! (doctor enters) Oh heck no! I don't want a light in my ear! I don't trust you - this is a set up of some sort! This can't end well! (insert needle here) Help! Help! I'm dying! Someone call the authorities! Help!"
And continued for the next HOUR...at the office...in the car...at home...off to bed.
Jiggity Jiggity Jig.

4 comments:
OMG, that was hilarious! I hope she's doing better today and that you can gain her trust back before she's 5!
Seriously! She was a mess with a capitol "M"
Reminds me of some appointments with a certain firstborn in our family. Tell her that her cousin can sympathize :)
I wish I could have seen that! Since I have no child to compare situations with, I must say that Tigger at the vet is much more like Jackson than Lina. He's never hissed at any vet, or really even made much of any noise. He's a good kitty!
Post a Comment