Wednesday, May 17, 2006


We Heart Plastic

Actually we don't love plastic at all - despite the irony that the industry funds our lifestyle. In fact, we've spent a lot of energy finding ways to avoid the stuff - Little Tikes in general, makes me shiver. The stuff is ugly when it's new...and it gets uglier as it ages.

But we're embracing the plastic in all of its used glory. I found a girl in upper Illinois that has an online Ebay store and for a great price, I was able to pick up (no shipping!) a cozy coupe, power wheels, sand/water table, dollhouse and outdoor climbing slide/gym. All of it Little Tikes except for the power wheels. Now our outdoor toy collection doesn't quite suck as much and there is fun stuff that even L can play on, as she is too little for our wooden playground.

And the best part is, that when it is time to say goodbye, I will gladly pass it on to the next generation of plastic junkies.

Now if I could just find a used plastic outdoor playhouse...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH FUN, can we come over to play? My kids love all those ride on toys...better than their bikes!

Rancho Robinson said...

Ahh! Plastic outdoor toys don't do too well out here unfortunately. So I think, regardless of the fact that we don't have kids, we will most likely not be inheriting the plastic toy group. Can we say, melted plastic? And oh the sun fading!

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

I never would have thought about it! Little Tikes Soup - ugh :)

Living Stone said...

Hey Karri - Ruby mentioned that you guys are under the weather...hope you're feeling better soon. Take Care...