Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Us on the Parkinson's March through Central Park. At least we didn't accidentally join the Anti-War March going on a dozen blocks over...

George Washington's house at Valley Forge. One thing I learned: Valley Forge was not a battlefield but a winter encampment.

Click pic to read - these memorial collages were all over the World Trade Center viewing area. They even recently opened the subways underneath it.

Strawberry Fields - Guitar picks and flower petals were arranged "just so" by a man who has made it his job to remember John Lennon
Philadelphia and New York City with the Girls

I'm happy to report that not only were the kids and Keith in one piece, but the house was in very reasonable shape too. Almost four days away is a very long time along with the kids, as I have experienced while he is traveling, and I'm glad it went pretty well for all!

Jen, Mom and I had a great time walking around Philadelphia, visiting Valley Forge, and spending good quality girl time together. New York City was a lot of fun too. We ate our way through the day stopping to dine at Tavern on the Green, chocolate at Fauchon and a really yummy Mexican restaurant in Soho. A nice hike in Central Park found us accidentally joining a Parkinson's Walk and seeing Strawberry Fields. Later we experienced Ground Zero and Chinatown where someone who will remain unnamed bought a illegal knock-off purse. Don't worry I won't rat you out!

I had a great time, Jen. Thanks for being such a wonderful hostess. Love you both!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! What a few days away from motherhood can do for you!

Lindsay said...

Karri~ You look so much like your mom! Thanks for sharing these pics. I'm off to "sister land" the week after next - celebrating b-days and baby showers. Gotta jam it all in, since these times are few and far between.
Linds