Pleasant Ridge Dinner Club - Chinese New Year 2003
I am working on a project that required me to sort through files and files of old digital pictures on the computer. In addition to the kids, life, Belle of the Ball wrap up, this monster project and all the other things life includes, I've been hit with "the wall".
"The Wall" is something I deal with on a regular basis. Out of nowhere I'll be trucking along and all of sudden "the wall" will appear and I'll spend several days functioning on mind-numbing energy depletion. All things stop and no amount of caffeine or sleep will ultimately fix it. Although both help bridge the gaps. Yes, I've had my thyroid checked, yes my iron levels are fine and no exercise does not prevent it from happening. My grandmother had it and I remember clearly her saying she has no idea how she raised four kids with no energy. I am beginning to understand what she meant although at least nowadays husbands help out too. Thank GOODNESS.
What was my point? Oh yeah, so I was looking through my old photos and ran across this picture of my dining room table from a dinner club night. Were we on crack? Granted we only had one child, but good grief. I think there are even "place cards" on each candle. Can you say OCD?
So I concede on time to do these type of things right now, but the mental energy to actually enjoy it too? I think each take out box was filled with Chinese trinkets hand picked by me from probably hours of shopping.
Now, unless Target has it - it aint happen'.
It's fun to go back through pictures of another time - another life. But if there are long pauses between posts...you can assume "the wall" is paying me a visit. Today is better though. So I'm off to play catch up!
1 comment:
:"another time- another life."
love that phrase. I have chapters and files of pictures from lifetimes away.
Post a Comment