An open letter to the makers of crappy Chinese kids scissors who aren't even man-enough to put their brand on the product....
When I bought the cheap crappy scissors (CCS) I thought to myself: these won't cut ANYTHING. These are perfect! You make money, I barely spend money, and my toddler can spend a good hour trying to cut a piece of paper, never even realizing that most scissors do not take that much effort.
See? Everyone wins.
And everyone did win...for a while. Our black-handled CCS's did a "good" job of cutting newspaper but was not up to the challenge of construction paper - a heavier, more sophisticated paper for the CCS. So you can understand my relaxation in CCS-approved locations for use and storage. Child A had use for them and was willing to take his project mayhem to the bedroom. Cool! Child happily busy upstairs = quiet kitchen for mom.
Somewhere on the CCS packaging or product, you really should have stated that while they won't cut most paper, apparently they do just fine in thick, young girl hair! Wow! In fact, my daughter decided to put your product to test - and lucky, lucky her - they worked! Eureka! Bangs without any parental involvement.
While this picture really doesn't do the 'do justice - you will be happy to know that half of her head now has bangs. Bangs that her mother just spent two years growing out. And two months before her wedding debut! What timing!
So thank you, again, for the surprise dual-purpose CCS's. I'm always looking to save some money and now that I have another few years of bang growing to do....I'll be looking for a few good pairs of Fiskars and a lockbox.
Sincerely,
Jackonthelake
3 comments:
:) CCS were good for a laugh
nice. I feel your pain on the growing out the bangs... Remember when Abby did that?
I do remember Abby doing that! And I've been cautious of scissors BECAUSE of that. I think it's fate for four year old girls....
Post a Comment