Keith and I wanted to play an easy "trick" on the kids for April Fools. Nothing too elaborate or we knew we'd be in for J's "practical jokes" spree for weeks. This is totally up his alley. So instead I started preparing bowls of ice cream for breakfast as they argued that this was not normal, while Keith put his jacket on backwards and turned the kitchen chairs upside down and demanded they sit down and start eating breakfast. J was amused and confused, understanding this was not normal but not realizing why, while L had a look of terror in her eyes and started crying when she realized that her world was literally turning upside down and we didn't seem to notice. We stopped torturing her and she calmed down when the "joke" was announced. Apparently ice cream for breakfast helped ease her anxieties....
In other news, today J lost a tooth at school - his first one. Apparently the schools are prepared for such emergencies and gave him a plastic necklace with a tooth holder attached to it. That alone was probably the highlight of his day.
I had planned on taking pictures of each stage of "tooth loss" but thought I would have some time, like a few HOURS at least to get the picture. Before I could, he lost a SECOND tooth - one that had just been wiggly for a few days unlike the month long process of the other.
So here is J - missing not one, but two teeth. Someone better call the tooth fairy - she's got a big job tonight and better not forget about it.
4 comments:
Yay! Love the picture! Did the tooth fairy do a better job at your house than at ours? Maybe she's getting a little old... she's a little forgetful these days...
She left $1 per tooth, which I was told by one person was extravagant and another said I was cheap...
He seemed happy enough! :)
Too funny! You guys make me laugh! Take care-ST
Congratulations on keeping the tooth fairy employed, J! Your smile looks great!
Post a Comment