We spent time reflecting with family.
And discovering the joys of waking up to Easter baskets with friends.
There were a few moments of tiredness and confusion.
And old friends met new friends.
Then it was on to Dayton for some serious pirate dress up.
And hanging with family.
I will blog about specific bits and pieces this week but today we are finishing up laundry, getting the house back in order, scavenging for food and trying to rid ourselves of sinus pressure.
I was going to do an April fool post but I called Keith this morning and completely freaked him out in believing for a few seconds that L broke her arm. So I'm done for the day. And I sent J off to school to concoct a story to his teachers that he is spending the summer in Antarctica. I have also explained that you can only do one fool for the entire day - I was a little worried that he might find the exhilaration in it and spread a web of lies all day.
Happy April!
3 comments:
Glad you all made it back safely! It was good to see you both and B had a great time with the kids! We enjoyed the photo shoot but you all most of all! I started back up on the blog so feel free to check it out when the mother of three has a moment...does that happen?
Jemel
Thanks for coming! We loved having the Hemmigs here to spend time with. You are right - the kids did great! We miss you already. Love You!
Glad you had a fun, relaxing trip. Congrats on the new business venture kicking off as well (does that mean that the trip is tax-deductible now???).
Enjoy spring time thawing your way - it should be coming soon (despite 20 inches of snow).
Post a Comment