
The Closest My Kids Get To A Pet....
Our friends on the farm just got their shipment of chicks in. Cute little girls aren't they??
Since we are doing a garden with them this summer, we'll also be helping to feed the girls during the day. I'm stoked because my kids get to "have animals" that aren't at our house. Now I can stop feeling guilty that they aren't growing up with those special pet memories.
But I don't think memories of mom going ballistic when the dog chews up a nice pillow is something they want anyway. I like animals which is why we love the zoo and horseback riding- I just don't want to own any.
5 comments:
I'm with you. I love when my kids get to see other people's dogs : )
Now maybe they can see some chicks too... That should appease them for another year or so...
I hear you. Unfortunately we already had a pet pre-kids.
What a great idea! And a lot of fun. C's class hatched and raised chicks at school one year - the kids all loved it! And I love the idea of doing a garden with them- how does that work??
Awwww! Are you sure I can't send you a cat?! LOL!
Their land but we all have responsibility for the seeds and planting and maintaining it.
Of course and then we get to share the harvest!
Post a Comment