Tuesday, November 29, 2005

My darling son was sitting at breakfast this morning not so quietly eating his cottage cheese. I popped a cinnamon raisin bagel into the toaster for him and was checking email at our kitchen computer when he turns to me and says:

J: "Get off your chair and get my toast"

Me: "Excuse ME??"

J: "Please"

Me: "Your bagel isn't ready until the toaster beeps, please reword that request in a nicer way"

Toaster: "Beep"

J: "Now get me my toast?"

2 comments:

Living Stone said...

This blog is awesome - I'm so glad you got it set up, and I hope you don't mind a friend from "not so far away" peaking in on it. I absolutely loved this conversation dialogue....it's actually much the same as what I imagine Glendon to be saying to me much of the time.
See you soon...

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Absolutely, since you inspired me to do it! And I peek in on your life as well :)