Tuesday, November 29, 2005


J has a way of being creative on his terms. This assignment was to create a bear, name him, and relay his hobbies. Children created bears like "Cuddles" and "Brown" and "Furry" and these bears enjoyed fine art, walks on the beach, sunsets, the smell after a spring rain. We see here that J's "Nothing" throws away garbage and goes to school by his Mamma.

Okay.

I totally love this piece because it is SO him. Completely stimulous-response, raw and anti-establishment in expression. I can just picture him not wanting to name the bear so he calls him Nothing. Then I just know he had to have just earned a sticker for helping throw out the garbage so logically Nothing would like to remove garbage as well. And the mamma thing, well, I just don't get. But that's a mystery likely to remain with the artist.

Keith

No comments: